Creating Cherished Memories and Capturing them Creatively.

Friday, May 2, 2008

Photo a Day for May, and SYTYCD Challenge...curious??

Well, the "cat is out of the bag" so to speak. Thanks for the reminder that I haven't yet updated my blog with my latest ventures, Heather. I probably should have done it sooner!! LOL! Anyway, Jessica Sprague has placed a "Photo a day for May" challenge on her site. I decided that I would do this with them, sounds like some real fun! So, here is my photo for May 1st:

SUCCESS!

This is of my oldest child, L.J.! He has really struggled to learn how to read, but yesterday for some reason felt the need to do so...without any prompting from me...for at least 6 hours!! He is the reason that I have homeschooled my little ones this year, to get him past last years struggles. At the beginning of this school year he wouldn't sit down and read by himself without the threat of loosing privileges...and now after months of fighting tooth and nail to get him to do it...HE HAS MADE IT!! This makes all the struggles, battles, and the overwhelming frustration from homeschooling my children, which has never been my plan and doesn't come natural to me, TOTALLY worth it! I will post today's later...I need to take it first! LOL!

Now for the next BIG venture! www.scraporchard.com is hosting a "So You Think You Can Design" Challenge. A play off of the reality TV show, So You Think You Can Dance. Starting late Sunday night they will be posting a challenge for those who want to participate, and we have until Wednesday to submit either a mini kit or a template based on the challenge. I haven't yet decided whether I am doing the template, the mini kit, or if I am ambitious enough to try to do both! I LOVE making templates, and it isn't a difficult thing for me to do (other than come up with the idea), but I really want to test my kit making skills.

They are willing to offer Constructive Criticizism (sp?) or CC before we submitt our final submission, so even if I don't make it to the end, it should be really helpful and informative! Whoever makes it through the last cut is going to be offered a 2 month guest designer spot on their site to sell their kits/templates. So, ready or not...I guess I will find out! LOL! I already have a LOT of friends from the Spraground routing for me, but now I have to wait until they post their first challenge.

Now, for the icing on the cake...so to speak!! All of the submissions will be offered as freebies on their site!! And they are holding a layout contest each week for a $10 store gift certificate, they have some cool things! I am using one of their kits to make a Mother's day gift for both of our Mothers! (I will tell which one after Mother's Day...shhhh!) And at the end of the month they will pick one of the "layout submitters" to join their Creative Team! This means that you can make layouts of their things, post them to galleries online, and the best part is you get the kits you use for free!! I have had a lot of fun on both of the CT's I am on. And speaking of which...I will have to post some of the more recent ones! I think I am behind on that too! Well, I have to go be a Mom now...but I will have to do that later!

3 comments:

Heather said...

Man, I'm thrilled that you're doing the SYTYCD? competition. It'll be the frenzy that we created for LivE at LDD all over again!!!!!

Jen Wolff said...

Good luck! I can't wait to see what you come up with!

Unknown said...

great blog. love your work