Creating Cherished Memories and Capturing them Creatively.

Friday, April 18, 2008

DID class and Templates!!

This was the LO that started the ride. I copied Jessica completely, except for the title, journaling, and of course, my own pictures. These were taken a few years back when I was playing with taking more professional looking photos from home.

Credits: This was done using course materials from Jessica Spragues DID class, some were donated by designers at DesignerDigital. The Fonts are One Fell Swoop and Texas Hero, both can be found at dafont.com.

Our second assignment for the first week was to take what we had learned and put it to use in a second LO. About this time my kids decided that the computer was taking up too much of Mommy and that they were going to get my attention (or that is how I took it)!! And to remember the lesson, I turned it into a LO!


Credits: I made the spice paper from a photo I took of the mess, and the brown "vellum" journaling block. I used an overlay from Trish Jones for the grungy edges, and the other 2 papers-background and strip, are from a Grateful4U Kit that was given as CT Appreciation Week.

This was Week 2's LO!! WOW!! We learned how to make our own patterned papers, our own brushes, customize stitching, and a whole slue of other completely amazing things!! Have I said how VERY HIGHLY I recommend HER classes?? If not...HINT HINT HINT!! LOL! I came across these photos, searching for Then and Now photos, and have decided I need to make this a traditional LO for all of my kids when they are turning 8!!
Credits: Materials from Jessica Sprague's DID class, some made during class, and some from designers at DesignerDigitals.


OK, now has it been fabulous so far or what!! Now, on top of that we were challenged during one of the midweek activities to design some templates using some smaller ones she had designed as a jump off point! I have 3 that I have made so far jumping off from hers, and one that is completely me (except for one shape I lifted off of an item in Natalie Bird's Kit I used for my LO that I made the template from). I am SO excited to share these with you, so here they are:


This last one has a LO it was designed from I was so excited with how it turned out that I had to share!! This is of my oldest when he was only 8 days old!!

Credits: I did this using the Little Boy Blue Kit from Natalie Bird Designs! The title font is Night Sky, which I found through google. I had so much fun with this!!

If you like the templates you have seen...then you will love knowing that I am going to share them with all of you!! You can download them here.

8 comments:

Jueneta said...

Super cute templates. Thanks so much for sharing. I miss you.

Jackie said...

Love your templates...that one of the baby is just too cute....love it.....good job with DID :)

Anonymous said...

thanks for sharing this template.

Jen Wolff said...

Wow, you've been busy! Looks great! I don't always have time lately to leave love in the gallery. It seems easier this month to blog hop and leave blog love instead. I haven't even tackled template assignments yet. It's next on my list as well as downloading the fabulous ones made by digi friends.

Jueneta said...

What are both of the fonts that you used on the first layout? They are super cute.

Carol said...

Hi AprilDawn, your templates are fantastic. They caught my eye at template central at JS and I have used one for a layout which I have posted on my blog.
Carol
www.caroldillon.blogspot.com

Heather said...

Can't wait to see what you cook up for the designer challenge you're doing. Go AprilD!!!!!

Heather Mae the DIY Gal said...

Welcome back to blog world! Missed seeing you! LOVE LOVE LOVE what you have been doing with digi scrap. Thanks so much for sharing the template layouts!!!
Heather P