Creating Cherished Memories and Capturing them Creatively.

Friday, February 22, 2008

WHY IS EASTER SO EARLY THIS YEAR????

I have been trying to get used to the idea of Easter coming so early this year...but I just don't understand why they haven't made Easter a set date holiday like all of the other ones! I would love it if they would just make it the first or second Sunday in April, but it needs to never be in March! Just my opinion! Well, in order to resign myself the the fact that I can't just tell people to change it and it will happen this year...I decided to scrap last years Easter events. I am hoping this will put me in a better mood to enjoy it...only time will tell! This is my first LO of a few to come: Credits: Fonts: Title-MA Sexy(dafont), Text-Mia's Scribblings(dafont).
Papers: Background Paper-I made, Photo Mat-Circular Flores Kit(Designs By Sassy)
Fibers, and Tags: Circular Flores Kit(Designs By Sassy)
Floral Design on the Side: Circular Flores Kit(Designs By Sassy)-altered with Exclusion Layer Style.

2 comments:

Linda Walton aka bobbysgirlforever said...

Hi April!!!

I don't know if you have made the connection yet, but I left you a couple of comments on your layouts at 3Scrapateers using Designs by Sassy!

I wish to tell you right up front that you are going to hold a VERY special place in my heart.

You mentioned that you come from a family of nine after reading about the 11 between my fiance' and I.

Well, as I mentioned in the first comment I left for you, you share my oldest daugther, my firstborn's name!!! Not only first, but middle as well! Yes, her name is April Dawn!

I also have homeschooled in the past - all six of them for six years. I was also a counselor via the private cover school we belonged to and I will NEVER forget the BEST education that I've EVER received in my lifetime! I've ALWAYS loved school, but teaching my own was an experience I shall not ever forget all the way down to learning about the different learning styles vs teaching styles!

I wish you the best on your new endeavor and the rewards will outweigh any frustrations in the end!!! LOL!

Your babies are BEAUTIFUL and you are doing WONDERFULLY with your layouts and your NEW blog!!! You ought to be PROUD of yourself FOR SURE!

I look forward to working along side of you as a part of Sarah's CT when I am able as I am a designer as well. I SO look forward to making some LONG overdue layouts!!!

I am bookmarking your blog and will stop by to visit as often as I can!

Keep up the FAB work and I'll see you around!

Hugs,
Linda

Jeanann said...

I'll tell you what my preacher told me about Easter. He said that its not a government and therefore they haven't messed with it as far as setting it at a specific 2nd Sunday of April or whatever. It is 40 days from Ash Wednesday which if preceeded by Fat Tuesday, both of which are set by some full moon sometime after something.

OK, so I didn't pay that much attention to what he was saying, but the gist of it is that it isn't a Federal holiday so they have kept their paws off.